Reading MIRAX slides

ajwood at mta.ca ajwood at mta.ca
Wed Apr 20 17:00:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm new to OpenSlide and am trying to figure out if it's useful for me. I'd like
to downsample some MIRAX slides and convert them to a standard image type
(perhaps a series jpeg tiles). I've been trying to use the tools that come with
the openslide distribution, like openslide-show-properties, to read my MIRAX
data but have had no success.

Each digital slide I'm working with contains the following:
   - Index.dat
   - Slidedat.ini
   - 24 .dat files

My main question is whether or not OpenSlide is a library that can help me
convert slides out of the proprietary MIRAX format. I'm also curious about the
format of my MIRAX slides compared to the ".mrxs" to which the OpenSlide
documentation references.

Thanks,

Andrew