Openslide Linking with Ubuntu 64 bits

Benjamin Stevens stevben at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:39:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to test OpenSlide (which looks great, thanks for this great
work !) but I have some difficulties while compiling.
I just ran the classical commands (configure, make & make install) and
everything looked ok. In fact, the two files libopenslide.so &
libopenslide.la were generated in /user/local/lib. "include" files were
copied in the include directory named /usr/local/include/openslide.

Pkg-config seems also to work :
pkg-config openslide --cflags => -pthread -I/usr/local/include/openslide
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
pkg-config openslide --libs=> -L/usr/local/lib -lopenslide

It is fantastic ;)

Then, I added the pkg-config commands in CFLAGS & LFLAGS in my MakeFile but
it failed while linking :

/home/stevben/Bureau/src/acquisition/IoOpenSlide.cpp:9: undefined reference
to `openslide_open(char const*)'
/home/stevben/Bureau/src/acquisition/IoOpenSlide.cpp:9: undefined reference
to `openslide_open(char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Line 9 : openslide_t* slide = openslide_open(filename);

 I'm looking for a solution since yesterday... Any idea would be a great
help.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ben