msvc / cmake branch merged

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 18:18:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Hauke Heibel
<hauke.heibel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Adam Goode <agoode at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> I just merged all the cmake stuff in to master. I took out the goto
>> scoping, I don't think that it is necessary on gcc 4, but it can go back
>> if necessary.
>>
>> Hauke, please try out the branch and let me know if there are any
>> issues. It's good to get this all merged.
>
> Great. It works on VS 2010 but it does not under Cygwin with c++
> version 4.4.1. It is probably possible to force CMake to compile the
> code as C99 code but without special care it does not work.
>
> If you want to, I can easily configure CMake such that it passes the
> same compiler flags you have defined in configure.ac -- no problem at
> all.
>
> I once again merged the cmake_integration branch and reintroduced the
> changes that are required in order to compile with c++ 4.4.1.

Finally, I found the real cause why it did not work with gcc. Of
course you were right -- it's because I compiled the code as c++ code.
I just did not see why that happened. It was due to a bug in the CMake
configuration. WIN32 is not the right CMake test for MSVC IDE since
WIN32 is also set under Cygwin. Well, and the C++ compilation should
be enabled on MSVC only.

It's all in the cmake_integration branch and I also reverted (again)
the scope stuff since it is only required when somebody really wants
to compile the library as c++ code.

- Hauke