trac tickets and alternative build system

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 10:43:14 EDT 2010

Well, I think the CMake conversion/integration is done. Everything
seems to work now and (after some hacking) I managed to load my first
slides.

The issue is that I am working with fluorescence slides. I mentioned
earlier that I received the "image->numcomps != 3" error and that is
exactly the reason. Aperio stores fluorescence slides with a single
10bit component and compression mode APERIO_COMPRESSION_JP2K_RGB. What
is possible to do in this case is to read the data in
'aperio_tiff_tilereader(...)' via:

dest[i] = comps[0].data[(y / c0_sub_y) * comps[0].w + (x / c0_sub_x)];

and the 'dest' output of openslide_read_region could then be e.g. read
out like this:

float value = 0x0000ffff & dest[idx];

I know, this is pretty hackish and also not the most efficient since
internally OpenSlide seems to do some RGBA related stuff.

Long-term I will need this functionality and instead of reimplementing
everything from scratch I will try to modify OpenSlide. In case you
have ideas and some proposals, I would be glad to discuss about them.
Hopefully, I will be able to implement the required changes such that
eventually they will find their way into OpenSlide.

Regards,
Hauke