OpenSlide Java

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 12 11:36:03 EDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 01:24 PM, Elena Villalon wrote:
> Hello Adam, I work at CINJ in the group of Biomedical Imaging (Dr.
> Foram). I am learning how to use your openslide software, and I have
> downloaded the Java source code and the Win 32 binaries
>
> OpenSlide Java interface 0.9.1 (still unstable API, subject to change)
>
>     * http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/openslide-java-0.9.1.tar.gz
>
> and the Win 32: 	openslide-win32.zip	27-Apr-2010 12:16
> 	1.8M
>
> However when I open the jar file that comes in the openslide-win32.zip,
> the code does not correspond to the src code that you have in the Java
> interface 0.9.1

Sorry you are having problems with this.

I don't have an easy way to build binaries for Win32 yet, so I typically
build these myself less frequently. I will update the Win32 files today.

> I can run your win32 jar file but I cannot read the source code because
> you only have the class files and no source code.

The source code is here:
http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/wiki/Download
http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/openslide-java-0.9.1.tar.gz

> Do you have any documentation or tutorials for installation and getting
> started for OpenSlide that could help me.

Hmm, sorry, we don't have too much along the lines of tutorials,
especially from Java. But looking at the public methods of the Java code
should help. Eclipse is also very helpful.

Adam