OpenSlide + Zoomify?

Steven Peckins sep16 at psu.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:14:29 EST 2010

Hi Adam,

I'm a programmer with the Zebrafish Atlas (http://zfatlas.psu.edu) and
just came across the OpenSlide library.

I was wondering if you would be interested in adding another format to the
library.  Awhile back I had to deal with some virtual slides in the
Zoomify .pff format.  I couldn't find a converter for that them, so I
reverse-engineered the format.  It's basically a pyramidal format
internally using JPEG tiles with the JPEG headers separated from the
individual tiles.

If you're interested, I can send you my notes and as many sample images as
I have (38).  I don't know if there's any demand for this format in the
virtual slide community, but it should be pretty easy to implement, and I
am unaware of an existing library that converts these files.

--steve