AW: openslide_read_region returns no picture data

Jan Harkes jaharkes at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 10 11:16:31 EST 2010

On 12/10/2010 11:05 AM, Stefan König wrote:
> Sounds good, but there are some doubts, because, the dst. Pointer from
> read_region always just contains 0, I'll try this later but I can't imagine
> that it will work.

Right, it currently clips a tile the size of (width x height) from the
top-left (0,0) corner of the slide image at layer 1, which for the CMU-2
mirax slide is roughly 110000 pixels high and 55000 pixels wide. So
depending on width and height you may just be clipping an area where
there is no scanned data.

If you are using the CMU-2 mirax slide, try setting x and y to something
like 27500, I think there should be some data there.

Jan