Determining the actual scale factor ...

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:27:17 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Mitko Veta <mitko.veta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Image up-sampling increases the spatial resolution (although no new
> information is added). Yes, my example was for the opposite situation.
> I would expect that if you use low magnification and fine sampling, a
> lot of the information in the image will be redundant (the image will
> be blurry). Again, I might be wrong.

And again, true, the scanner vendors could implement such
functionality. Disregarding for a moment the fact that this would be
scary and bad behavior, it would also mean that the actual objective
power were not corresponding to the 0th pyramid level and thus
indicating the need to store this additionally required information
somewhere.

- Hauke