trac tickets and alternative build system

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 30 04:05:39 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Adam Goode <agoode at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> On 04/27/2010 07:05 AM, Hauke Heibel wrote:
>> VS is offering this functionality through a function called DLLMain.
>> It is called when the DLL is loaded as well as when it's unloaded and
>> thus it can be used to take care of initialization as well as cleanup.
>> I did not yet use it since so far all my DLLs are just collections of
>> functions or classes without the need for cleanup and initialization.
>
> Yeah, I think DLLMain has something to do with it.
>
> Also see:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1113409/attribute-constructor-equivalent-in-vc

I just managed to compile and link the first 64 bit version with
Visual Studio 2010 - that does not mean it is already working but it
is definitely a good start. :)

One thing that is left to be fixed is the DLL (gthread)
initialization. It shouldn't be too hard.

The other thing is that there might be issues with non-MSVC targets
since currently I tested with MSVC only.

I will try to take care of some of the issues during the next week and
I will try to get the test up and running. The library installation is
also not yet configured.

Once again, here is the branch I am working in:
http://github.com/hauke76/OpenSlide/tree/cmake_integration

Regards,
Hauke