backupd and sync_client IOERROR

Marco falon at ruparpiemonte.it
Mon Jun 22 06:11:36 EDT 2020

Hello,

On 22/06/2020 03:29, ellie timoney has written:
[...]
> So like, maybe a user has deleted some stuff, and you don't want to mess around figuring out which individual messages they need restored, so you just want to restore everything, and let the user figure it out.  This is what -x is for -- so you can say "restore the contents of mailbox foo, but only the expunged stuff" or "restore every mailbox (-a), but only the expunged stuff".
[...]

  thank you for all these explanations, I think I understand now. My use
case is "the user accidentally deleted and expunged and now he ask for
recovery". I have to unexpunge all messages after I recovered it with
"restore -x".

I think there isn't a all-in-one command for this use case: a user
expunged some messages and deleted some folders somewhere. I want to
recover all expunged messages and all the deleted folders which are no
more present in the original IMAP server (because they were expired from
cyr_expire).

I have to set "-x" to avoid duplication of messages.
With "-a -x" I recover all expunged messages and all deleted mailboxes.
But messages inside deleted mailboxes are not marked as expunged, so
these mailboxes are recovered empty in the IMAP server.

I have to examine the output of the restore command and repeat a restore
without the "-x" on each DELETED recovered mailboxes at the previous step.

Another idea is to recover all in another empty IMAP server, without
"-x" at all, and the user can look at the mailbox recovered there...

Thank you very much!!

Cheers
Marco