cyrus-imapd exporting databases failed on shutdown - deliver.db.skiplist 2048M

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:25:37 EDT 2020

2020. 06.  20, szombat keltezéssel 21.31-kor Simon Matter ezt írta:

> Hi,
>
> The question is why is the deliver db > 2GB in skiplist format? Is it
> normal or do you have a corrupt BDB db or does your db pruning not work
> for deliverdb. I think that should be something like 'delprune
> cmd="cyr_expire -D 7 -E 3 -X 7" at=0400' in cyrus.conf.
>
> I think the easiest way would be to make sure you have pruning configured
> correctly, then change config of deliver db to skiplist, and start without
> a db so a new, empty deliver db is created.
>
> Then have an eye on the db file to see if it grows again to almost 2GB. If
> it doesn't grow so much, you should be fine.
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Hi,
Thank you for your answer!
I have this in my config at EVENTS section:

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" period=1440
}

Regarding to users, we do not see any anomalies on daily use or restarting the server sometimes, only this exporting failed.

I issued the mentioned command on command line (cyr_expire -D 7 -E 3 -X 7) it finished in around 1-2 seconds. (At this moment there are no online users as this is weekend).

Additional information I forgot to mention:
there are a lot of shared email folder of the catchall account to share common mailboxes.

I got this error after some lines, when I run /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ctl_deliver -d

fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: duplicate.c: 344: (datalen == sizeof(time_t)) || (datalen == sizeof(time_t) + sizeof(unsigned long))

Probably deliver.db itself is corrupted?

Cheers,
István