Cyrus Murder Environment Upgrade

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Thu Jun 11 05:25:19 EDT 2020

On 10/06/2020 20:47, Miguel Mucio Santos Moreira wrote:
> Wolfgang,
>
> If you don't mind, I'd like to know if when you upgraded backend servers
> from 2.4 version to 2.5 version you have an increase, in metadata size.Here
> we had 30% around of increase

Yes, cyrus.* are larger. Not sure about .cache, but .index for sure. And
the databases will grow as well if you change to twoskip.

We had to go back to skiplist on some hosts after the database reached
~200MB due to long locking times. The frontends started to have troubles
with long locks leading to timeouts on connect.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | https://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria