Fwd: Help putting cyrus on Docker

Fabio Montefuscolo fabio.montefuscolo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 06:49:46 EST 2020

Hi Niels

Thank you very much for looking into this.

Initially, I would like to get this working like I got in a real CentOS 8.
I have here a virtual machine where I did the same steps I did in
Dockerfile. But in VM I start services "*systemctl start cyrus-imapd*"
and "*systemctl
start saslauthd*" and basic login works out of the box. I could telnet on
port 143 and "*. login cyrus cyrus*". That is not happening on Docker.

I hope other people using the image can write their own config and mount
inside the container to achieve their needs. The plan is to have some
kubernetes recipes I can repeat whenever we get a new client wondering to
have an email service. Actually I'm testing it on DO, but using kubernetes
should be simple to move to AWS, Linode or any other kubernetes hosting.

Thank you