Fwd: Help putting cyrus on Docker

Fabio Montefuscolo fabio.montefuscolo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:47:52 EST 2020

Hello!

I'm trying to build a simple docker image based on CentOS 8, which brings
cyrus-imapd 3.0.7. I'm having troubles to authenticate on cyrus imap
service for unknown reasons. There is no syslog facility working inside the
centos image, so I don't have logs. The final idea is deploy this image in
a kubernetes cluster. The Dockerfile I'm using is
https://github.com/fabiomontefuscolo/docker-cyrusimapd

When I jump into console and try to use cyradm, I get 2 password fields to
fulfill and at the ent, that doesn't work

```
{12:21}~/devel/cyrus:master ✗ ➭ docker exec -it cyrus bash
[root at 256f72d885f9 /]# cyradm localhost --user cyrus
Password:
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 134.
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
```

Playing on telnet also does not work

```
{12:40}~/devel/cyrus:master ✗ ➭ telnet cyrus.docker 143

Trying 172.17.0.3...
Connected to cyrus.docker.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=GS2-IAKERB
AUTH=GS2-KRB5 AUTH=SCRAM-SHA-1 AUTH=SCRAM-SHA-256 AUTH=GSS-SPNEGO
AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN
SASL-IR] 256f72d885f9 Cyrus IMAP 3.0.7-15.el8_0.1 Fedora server ready
. login cyrus cyrus
. NO Login failed: authentication failure
^]
telnet>
Connection closed.
```

Can someone give a clue on how get this working?
Thank you!