Sieve admin account doesn't work anymore

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 17 11:21:19 EST 2020

Am 17.02.20 um 09:16 Uhr schrieb Rainer Ruprechtsberger:
> I hope I got the list to post this question to right, please excuse me
> if I didn't..
>
> I resently upgraded a cyrus-imap from version 2.4 to 3.0 and since then
> my sieve admin account is not an admin anymore:
>
> sieveshell -u admin -a admin => works
> sieveshell -u user -a user => works
> sieveshell -u user -a admin => 'PLAIN authentication failure'
>
> The account is configured admin in imapd.conf:
>
> sieve_admins: admin
>
> Since this account is used to enable / disable scheduled vaccation
> messages it creates some problems.. any help would be appreciated.

You're trying to use "proxy authentication". That only works with some
SASL mechanisms, not all of them. Perhaps try the same with imtest and
observe what mechanism is used? imtest is much more verbose than sieveshell.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.