conversation db home

Marco falon at ruparpiemonte.it
Thu Apr 30 08:31:27 EDT 2020

Hello,

  I have some doubts, maybe you could help me to understand. I see these
user-level files in the "configdirectory" path:

  domain/<hash>/<mailboxname>.[conversations|counters|sub|xapianactive]

Why don't these files stay in the metapartition-<something> path?

My config is:

metapartition_files: header index cache expunge squat annotations lock
dav archivecache

No option for conversation.
And the xapianactive file is in the configdirectory even if the "squat"
is named in the list of "metapartition_files".

In particular the conversation db seems to become very large, so we
could better manage the fs space, if it could stay in the metapartition
path.

In other words, I wouldn't like to see the domain/ path in
configdirectory. Is there a way to achieve this?

Other detail:
name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : 3.0.13-6.el8
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: https://www.cyrusimap.org
os         : Linux
os-version : 4.18.0-147.8.1.el8_1.x86_64
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.27
              Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.27
              Built w/OpenSSL 1.1.1c FIPS  28 May 2019
              Running w/OpenSSL 1.1.1c FIPS  28 May 2019
              Built w/zlib 1.2.11
              Running w/zlib 1.2.11
              CMU Sieve 3.0
              NET-SNMP
              mmap = shared
              lock = fcntl
              nonblock = fcntl
              idle = idled

#defaultpartition: default
#partition-default: /var/spool/imap

partition-maildata4: /maildata/example.com/maildata1
partition-maildata40: /maildata/example.com/maildata2
archivepartition-maildata4: /sysarchivio/example.com/maildata1
archivepartition-maildata40: /sysarchivio/example.com/maildata2

metapartition-maildata4: /metamaildata/example.com/maildata1
metapartition-maildata40: /metamaildata/example.com/maildata2

# Metapartition files
metapartition_files: header index cache expunge squat annotations lock
dav archivecache

Thank you very much
Kind Regards

Marco