Mailbox rename and Cyrus murder

egoitz at sarenet.es egoitz at sarenet.es
Thu Apr 30 06:43:12 EDT 2020

Hi!,

I have been reading this interesting thread https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2015-March/003165.html from 2015. As a curiosity, did finally that ended in some sort of production env?. I have seen this kind of pages https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/features/server-aggregation.html but have not seen their publish date or similar…

I’m in the state at which, operations in mail servers are being more and more frequent… they are starting not being able to be done without automation, but before that.. and writing code… I wanted to know if someone could share some experience in horizontal scaling (backend or mailbox server clustering), because live moving mailboxes without interruption or in the most possible easy way (just as examples), are important things to know before writing all the automation stuff… knowing if a Cyrus Murder could failover from backend automatically (after a crash) or similar…

Reading at present https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/features/server-aggregation.html …

Any shared experience would be highly appreciated,

Cheers!

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Dpto. de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz at sarenet.es <mailto:undefined>
www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es/>
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.