Replication failed 3.0.5 -> 3.0.13, now 3.0.13->3.0.13

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 21 14:40:30 EDT 2020

Quoting Olaf Frączyk <olaf at navi.pl>:

> Yes, at the beginning I was also thinking if initial sync is
> necessary, but there was nothing in docs about it, something started
> replicating and I simply assumed it does initial resync. I'll try it
> this evening. :)
>
> Since you use replication - are sieve scripts replicated as well?
> There is -s option called sieve mode but it needs to specify which
> users' files are to replicate and there is written that it is mostly
> for debugging.

Yes, sieve scripts are replicated.

The way the rolling replication works is, that every time something is changed
on the master a "hint" is written in the sync log,

"MAILBOX user.foo.bar" indicates that the mailbox bar of the user foo
has changed
and the sync_client will sync this (and only this folder)
There are other "hints" e.g for changed subscription or changed sieve script.

But if the  sieve script is not changed sync_client in rolling replication
will not try to sync it. Using the -A or -u Option will sync the all/some
users, including all mailboxes, folder subscriptions and sieve scripts.

The -s option is only needed if you change a compiled sieve script so
that it is not logged in the replication log.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen