Replication failed 3.0.5 -> 3.0.13, now 3.0.13->3.0.13

Olaf Frączyk olaf at navi.pl
Tue Apr 21 10:51:30 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-21 16:00, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Olaf Frączyk <olaf at navi.pl>:
>
>> I managed to get strace on both sides, however it doesn't make me
>> wiser - there is nothing obvious for me.
>>
>> Additionally I see that replication works more or less for new
>> messages, but older are not processed.
>>
>> I have several subfolders in my mailbox, some of them unreplicated.
>> If I change anything in the subfolder now - the folder is replicated,
>> but other subfolders remain not replicated - unless I change anything
>> in them.
>
> you are trying to use rolling replication.
> For rolling replication cyrus logs which the location and type where
> changes ocure
> e.g "MAILBOX navi.pl!user.olaf" indicates that something has changed
> in the INBOX of
> the user olaf at navi.pl.
>
> the rolling replication will keep the master and replica in sync, but
> it requires
> that there was an initial replication of all users.
>
> you can use sync_client with -A oder -u to do this synchronization
> (see the manpage for details)
>
> I think using rolling replication without the initial sync may be the
> cause of the errors.
> stop the "sync_client -r" and wait for the initial sync to finish.

Yes, at the beginning I was also thinking if initial sync is necessary,
but there was nothing in docs about it, something started replicating
and I simply assumed it does initial resync. I'll try it this evening. :)

Since you use replication - are sieve scripts replicated as well? There
is -s option called sieve mode but it needs to specify which users'
files are to replicate and there is written that it is mostly for debugging.