migration to 3.0 and virtdomains

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Wed Sep 11 13:18:39 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am in the progress of upgrading from 2.5.10 to 3.0.11 and have a
question regarding the virtdomains: setting, that for the sake of
calendaring has to change from off (or rather unspecified) to userid and
it's implications on the migration path wise.

Until now, the mailboxes where located below

../mail/X/user/mary, with "X" of course being an arbitrary letter.

Now, the mailboxes are located below

../mail/domain/X/example.com/Y/user/mary

At least newly created ones. Technically, there is of course no problem
of copying/syncing the old mailboxes below the example.com directory,
but cyrus stores a lot of additional information in databases below
$configdirectory and I am not sure, how the changed paths of the
mailboxes will affect the data, that is stored within the likes of
mailboxes.db, annotations.db, *.seen and what else lingers around there.

Additionally, $configdirectory  and $partition-default had to change
their respective path, too. But since those are configurable in
imapd.conf, until now I am not worried about this.

So I am wondering, is there anything I should be aware of? Or will
reconstruct magically take care of all this? Any dos or donts? Any
special procedure or precautions required when moving mailboxes below a
domain structure?

Thanks for any clues

Ede