Re: Backup compaction optimization in a block-level replication environment

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:29:18 EST 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Deborah Pickett wrote:
> On 2019-11-20 10:03, ellie timoney wrote:
>>> foo also includes "#calendars" and "#addressbooks" on my server so there
are weird characters to deal with.

>> Now that's an interesting detail to consider.

> I should restate my original message because I'm being fast and loose with the meaning of "contains": two of the values for foo on my server are "#calendars" and "#addressbooks". In other words, there are top-level public mailboxes #calendars and #addressbooks which themselves contain sub-calendars and sub-addressbooks. It never occurred to me to have calendar or contacts folders deeper in the normal shared folder namespace, though it has evidently occurred to you.

Oh, I see how I misread that! And... that also complicates things for me, I think (well, it's a possibility I hadn't even considered).

I'm curious how these are working for you, or what sort of configuration and workflows leads to having #calendars and #addressbooks as top-level shared mailboxes? I've only very recently started learning how our DAV bits work (they have previously been black-boxes for me), and so far have only seen these existing in user accounts. Maybe this is a separate thread though.