Troubles with CardBook

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed May 8 05:33:09 EDT 2019

On 5/7/19 2:07 PM, Savvas Karagiannidis wrote:
> hi Andrea,
> I believe you hit the bug I reported here:
> https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2001
> version 2.5.11 introduced this bug.
> If you can recompile cyrus, you could try reverting these changes to
> imap/mboxname.c:
> https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/pull/67/files#diff-3f7e9582b7051be83c0edd299be8f5a5
> Otherwise you should either downgrade to 2.5.10 or upgrade to 3.0.x

Hello.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I tried looking at reverting the changes you linked me to: that's not an
easy task, as there are 2.5.10->2.5.11, but this code seems to have
changed again in 2.5.12.
Is anyone able to pinpoint what exactly needs changing?

I'm evaluating going back to 2.5.10 for now (although I see the fixed
bug list is long since then :( ); is there anything weird to be
excpected? Like database incompatilities, reconstructions needed, etc...

I'm not daring the migration to 3.0 right now...
BTW is it known how long 2.5 will still be supported?

  bye & Thanks
	av.