Upgrade cyrus 2.4.17 to 2.4.18 on Ubuntu

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:08:25 EDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019, at 6:50 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> I believe the version number change (incremental change to stable
> release) indicates you shouldn't have any problems, but of course shut
> down the service while it's being updated.

Yep, no major changes within a single x.y series.  Of course, read the release notes (they're on the website), they will tell you anything special you need to be aware of.

> I thought Debian was the one distro the cyrus crew provided up-to-date
> packages for?  See for example here:

We don't directly provide any distro packages, but the maintainers of the cyrus packages for Debian and Fedora are doing a great job.  We don't hear directly from other distros much, but I guess that's because most other distros leverage Debian and/or Fedora's work?

Most of us cyrus developers are running Debian on our own systems, and FastMail's servers run Debian, so even without an official package, a source build on Debian will generally just work (but then you have to choose/configure features/dependencies yourself, of course...).

Cheers,

ellie