Upgrade cyrus 2.4.17 to 2.4.18 on Ubuntu

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 25 15:43:32 EDT 2019

I believe the version number change (incremental change to stable
release) indicates you shouldn't have any problems, but of course shut
down the service while it's being updated.

Re: Cyrus 3.x packages for Ubuntu:

I thought Debian was the one distro the cyrus crew provided up-to-date
packages for?  See for example here:

   https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/cyrus-imapd/download

Grab the Debian source package and build it on your system for maximum
compatibility (although the binary packages should be fine.   On Ubuntu,
just download the debs and install by hand:

   # dpkg -i cyrus-imapd_3.0.8-4_amd64.deb