Sieve script not working

Willem Offermans Willem at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Fri Mar 1 07:18:42 EST 2019

Dear Michael and Cyrus friends,

Where is this documented?

I cannot find anything about this in

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sieve.html <https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sieve.html>

How should a user/administrator know?

Pay attention to

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/usercommands/sieveshell.html#std:cyrusman-sieveshell(1) <https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/usercommands/sieveshell.html#std:cyrusman-sieveshell(1)>

and look at activate/deactivate.

This is sufficient documentation according to the developer, who spent many hours in the code, I guess.
However, an ignorant user only gets a hint at most. Where is defaultbc mentioned? Be aware that the
text the user reads is far away off what the user experiences, when he uses sieveshell. There is no
(visual) connection between the two. It is a challenge to find your way.

I’m a bit ashamed, but I found a way to contribute to the documentation:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/developer/documentation.html

It is better for me to contribute.

I hope I can find some time ...

Wiel Offermans