prblems rebuilding conversations db

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 16 06:12:47 EST 2019

Hi,

because conversations db seems to be required for search indexes, I
enabled this option
on our production servers today and tried to rebuild the conversations
db for all users with

ctl_conversationsdb -v -b UID

For most users this did take less than a second. But for some users
this process would
not finish. I did kill one process after about 30 Minutes (most others
after 3 Minutes).
The UserID.conversations has grown over 2 GB (the mailbox itself has
only ~700 MB of mails,
and the conversations files from finnished rebuilds are less then 20 MB)

Cyrus Logs show many "ctl_conversationsdb[933]: mailbox: longlock
user.UserID for 1.5 seconds"
every few seconds.

I did try reconstruct -r -G user/UserID, followed by
ctl_conversationsdb -v -z UID
and tried to rebuild the db again. Reconstruct reported no errors, and
the new rebuild
hat the same problem.

Has anybody seen a similar problem?

Any ideas how to fix this?

We are running cyrus-imapd 3.0.8

Kind regards

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen