upgrade to cyrus_imap or saslauth or both gon horribly wrong

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Sat Jan 12 19:21:07 EST 2019

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 20:12:00 +0100
>>>>> "James B Byrne" <byrnejb at gmx.com> said:

byrnejb> FreeBSD-11.2p7
byrnejb> cyrus-imapd30-3.0.8_2
byrnejb> cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.27
byrnejb> cyrus-sasl-2.1.27

byrnejb> This morning we upgraded our cyrus_imap server using the FreeBSD pkg package manager.  Following this we are unable to authenticate with imap.  The error we receive is this:

byrnejb> Jan  8 14:05:37 inet17 CYRUS/imaps[40533]: SASL cannot connect to saslauthd server: Permission denied
byrnejb> Jan  8 14:05:37 inet17 CYRUS/imaps[40533]: badlogin: servername [server address] plaintext username SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed

It seems the recent pkg doesn't set the owner of /var/run/saslauthd
correctly.  So, I committed to set it explicitly.
Please try cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.27_1.

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO
ume at mahoroba.org  ume at FreeBSD.org