Question for upgrading

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Thu Jan 3 08:54:50 EST 2019

Thank you so much Binarus!!! And as said before, sorry for the big
delay!!

---

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [1]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

El 18-12-2018 12:15, Binarus escribió:

> On 15.12.2018 17:05, Nic Bernstein wrote: On 12/13/18 9:52 AM, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> I was trying to upgrade part of our Cyrus imap installation,
> concretely that one consisting in still 2.3. I was planning to set up
> Cyrus 3.0. I have seen all works properly except for the unexpunge
> command because as someone stated here, a reconstruct -V max was
> needed.The problem is that this reconstruct command, takes ages and
> I'm not able to keep the service offline so many time. So I have been
> thinking in the following scenario :
>
> Egoitz,
> As long as you've followed all of the various steps needed to account
> for version changes, as outlined in the Release Notes for /all/
> intermediary releases, then the last step should be the updating of the
> indexes.  Rather than running "reconstruct -V max" on all mailboxes at
> once, simply run it on subsets.  We've done this on large installations
> without ill effect.  You can have the service on line during the
> reconstruct, and, as you note, have most all functionality present.

In my case, before the reconstruct had finished, I had several problems
which might be not acceptable for large organizations.

For example, users could not move messages between folders in their
mailbox. I would consider this quite basic functionality, because
deleting a message (with most clients) also means moving it (to trash).
Functionality was back not before the reconstruct had finished
completely.

If interested, please see the respective thread from yesterday / today
for details (I don't want to clutter the list by repeating all that
stuff here).

Regards,

Binarus

----