Little bug in 3.0.8 when calling sync_client from cyrus.conf

egoitz at sarenet.es egoitz at sarenet.es
Mon Feb 18 11:59:40 EST 2019

Hi mates,

It seems cyrus.conf file config parser, does not parse properly
sync_client line when you specify a channel. It seems it ignores it.
When you specify a line like in start section :

syncclient cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/sbin/sync_client -r -l optarg-n amx8c"

It ignores the part "-n amx8c"

I have taken a fast look to split_args() and proccess_section() but have
not figured where the issue could be (have not debbuged what could be
there...)... it seems the issue should be there because if you launch
sync_client from the shell it works as expected. But if you launch from
cyrus.conf it just runs : /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/sync_client -r -l

I have workarounded from the shell but... it seemed to be something
there...

Cheers!