Xapian experience and Roundcube

egoitz at sarenet.es egoitz at sarenet.es
Mon Feb 18 09:31:48 EST 2019

Hi mates,

After our upgrade of a little part of our mail service to 3.0.8 we tried
to see if Xapian was so nice as we saw in our sandbox. Should say it
certainly is :) . I though it was not working as I expected but yes, it
was totally. All the problem was in the imap client side. I was using
Roundcube as an Imap client for my testing (should say too I use
Roundcube as my only email client). If you use Roundcube with
conversation view (thread view) the search delay is far more bigger
because it tries to do something for grouping the email and takes far
more and it seems to do far more searches. If you see the list view
instead of conversation view you see all behaviour is as expected. I
have reproduced this situation... so please keep in mind this if you use
Roundcube for testing all this...

Cheers!!