cyrus-imapd not starting after upgrade

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Feb 8 14:46:00 EST 2019

Op 15-01-19 om 17:33 schreef Daniel Bareiro:
> Hi all!
>
> After quite some time, today I decided to update the mail server from
> Debian Jessie (cyrus-imapd 2.4.17) to Debian Stretch (cyrus-imapd 2.5.10-3).
Hello Daniel,

I use cyrus-imapd 2.5.10-3 from Debian stable on serveral machines and I
can tell you that it gives much TLS problems.

What I do is this using a cronjob every night, and after rebooting:
----
service cyrus-imapd stop
mv /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db-weg
touch /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db
chown cyrus:mail /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db
service cyrus-imapd start
----

But it takes sometimes 30 minutes before I see "imapd" in "ps aux" again.

It seems to be better to use the patches from upstream, to backport the
version in testing, or to use 2.5.12 from the Debian salsa git repo.

In a few days Cyrus 3.0.8 will be in unstable/testing it's autobuilding
at the moment.

Bye,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/