Sieve script not working

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Wed Feb 6 12:43:21 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019, at 06:20, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 2/2/19 8:25 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > What is being written to syslog by your lmtpd?
>
> Absolutely nothing (apart from transient errors on the rare occasions
> when I reboot the server and sendmail comes up before imapd).
>
> Is this log to be enabled somehow?

No, there should be something in the syslog if sieve errors:

2019-02-06T12:31:26-05:00 imap38 sloti38d1t08/lmtp[2916700]: sieve runtime error for foo at fastmail.com id <foo-123214321342 at example.com>: Fileinto (Testing): Mailbox does not exist

> > There's also a sieve-test binary that you can build in the Cyrus source
> > code. I don't think it's built by default on most platforms though, we
> > build it specially at FM. It takes a script and a raw email and spits
> > out a list of actions.
>
> I don't have this (FreeBSD 11.2).
> AFAICT the port doesn't disable this (in configure) or leave it behind
> when installing.
> I tried searching for this binary between "make" and "make install"
> phases (*), but I didn't find it (or any source named anything like it).
> What's the procedure to compile it?
>
> (*)
> > # cd work/cyrus-imapd-2.5.12/
> > # find .|grep -i "sieve-test"
> > # find . -type f -exec grep -i "sieve-test" "{}" ";"

Yeah, it's just called test.c in the sieve directory. Here's our buildscript code:

make install DESTDIR=\$(CURDIR)/debian/$basename
make install-binsymlinks DESTDIR=\$(CURDIR)/debian/$basename
/bin/bash ./libtool --mode=install install -o root -m 755 sieve/test \$(PWD)/debian/$basename/$basedir/bin/sieve-test
install -o root -m 755 tools/rehash debian/$basename/$basedir/bin/rehash
install -o root -m 755 tools/mkimap debian/$basename/$basedir/bin/mkimap

So the binary will probably be sieve/test from a standard build

Oh yeah, you might be interested in the config options we build with too :)

./configure --without-krb --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl --enable-silent-rules --enable-http --enable-calalarmd --enable-idled --with-extraident=$tag --prefix=/$basedir --with-lmdb --with-zlib --without-snmp --enable-replication --enable-xapian --enable-jmap --enable-backup XAPIAN_CONFIG=/usr/local/$CYRUSLIBS/bin/xapian-config-1.5
$LEXFIX
make -j 8 all CFLAGS="-g -fPIC -W -Wall -Werror -fstack-protector-all"

Cheers,

Bron.

--
 Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd