Fatal error: Exists wrong 513 512 483 17057

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 4 03:45:43 EST 2019

Oh how frustrating...

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019, at 08:48, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi, Bron. Thanks for your reply.
>
> On 3/2/19 08:33, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> > Wow. A reconstruct should fix that. What version are you running?
>
> I tried using 'reconstruct' as you suggested and this was the result:
>
> ----------
> # /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r user.admin
> user.admin
> user.admin.Backups
> user.admin.Drafts
> user.admin.Sent
> user.admin.TareasCron: record corrupted 13 (maybe uid 9836)
> user.admin.TareasCron: Mailbox format corruption detected Failed to
> reconstruct mailbox

This clearly isn't syslogging enough! Can you check the permissions on the underlying filesystem! Also, try running reconstruct with -G, though it shouldn't make a difference.

> user.admin.Trash
> ----------
>
> Just 'TasksCron' is the folder that I can not open. What do you suggest
> to do in this case?

I'd take a backup, and then delete the cyrus.index file in that folder and run reconstruct again... That's a pretty extreme approach, but it should work.

> I'm using Cyrus 2.5.10-3 on Debian Stretch. A few days ago I upgraded
> the entire operating system with Debian Jessie and Cyrus 2.4.17.

That upgrade should be fine, and 2.5.10 should be fine as well. I just poked around in the code there to see how the reconstruct might be failing, and there's not enough information to know what's happening.

Bron.

--
 Bron Gondwana
 brong at fastmail.fm