squatter not used after upgrade to cyrus 3.0.8

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 17 11:18:14 EDT 2018

Hi,

Quoting Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr>:

> Le 17/09/2018 à 14:01:52+0200, Michael Menge a écrit
>> Hi,
>>
>> we recently upgrade from Cyrus-Imapd 2.4.x to 3.0.8. After some initial
>> problems
>> which we could fix cyrus imapd 3.0.8 is running stable. The one remaining
>> problem
>> we receive reports about is, that the search is not working/too slow.
>>
>> First we discovered that one of the options for Squatter are not supported
>> anymore, "-s Skip mailboxes whose index file is older than their current
>> squat file (within a small time delta)." and that squatter does not like
>> "-r" in combination with the source "user"
>>
>>    > squatter -C /etc/imapd_be.conf -r  user
>>    fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: lib/cyrusdb_twoskip.c:
>> 2339: keylen
>>

>> But after reindexing all mailboxes the search is still slow. I tried to
>> debug this and
>> found with strace that cyrus didn't try to open the cyrus.squat file for the
>> mailbox.
>>
>> I suspect that I am missed some configuration change. So here is our
>> imapd.conf for our backends
>
> If I'm correct you need :
>
>   search_fuzzy_always: on
>
> in your config.
>
> If you can tell me if it's work...I would really appreciate. Because I
> activated that but I'm not able to see if it's work really.

Thanks for your help.

I did tried it on my test server and it seems to be a bit faster,
but that could be due to caching. Strace still didn't show any access
to the cyrus.squat file.

For information: We only use squatter. No Xapia. And we had much faster
search with Cyrus-Imapd 2.3.x and 2.4.x. I don't have the timings form
the old system but our users are complaining and they receive timeouts
in our horde/imp webmailer, which they did't receive before.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Regards

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen