squatter not used after upgrade to cyrus 3.0.8

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 17 08:01:52 EDT 2018

Hi,

we recently upgrade from Cyrus-Imapd 2.4.x to 3.0.8. After some
initial problems
which we could fix cyrus imapd 3.0.8 is running stable. The one
remaining problem
we receive reports about is, that the search is not working/too slow.

First we discovered that one of the options for Squatter are not
supported anymore, "-s Skip mailboxes whose index file is older than
their current squat file (within a small time delta)." and that
squatter does not like  "-r" in combination with the source "user"

    > squatter -C /etc/imapd_be.conf -r  user
    fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed:
lib/cyrusdb_twoskip.c: 2339: keylen

But after reindexing all mailboxes the search is still slow. I tried
to debug this and
found with strace that cyrus didn't try to open the cyrus.squat file
for the mailbox.

I suspect that I am missed some configuration change. So here is our
imapd.conf for our backends

=============== Beginq Imapd.conf =============
servername: ma0X.mail.localhost
configdirectory: /srv/cyrus-be
partition-default: /srv/cyrus-be
partition-ssd: /srv/cyrus-be/ssd-part
metapartition-ssd: /srv/cyrus-ssd-be/meta/ssd-part
metapartition_files: header index cache expunge squat annotations lock
dav archivecache
archivepartition-ssd: /srv/cyrus-hdd-be/archive/ssd-part
archive_enabled: 1
## archive_days = 4*365
archive_days: 1460

proc_path: /srv/tmpfs/proc-be
mboxname_lockpath: /srv/tmpfs/lock-be
defaultpartition: ssd
admins: XXX

mupdate_server: mupdate.mail.localhost
mupdate_port: 3905
mupdate_authname: XXX
mupdate_password: XXX
proxy_authname: XXX
proxy_password: XXX
proxyservers: XXX

allowusermoves: 1
allowallsubscribe: 1
sync_host: sl0X.mail.localhost
sync_authname: XXX
sync_password: XXX
sync_port: 2005
guid_mode: sha1
sync_log: 1
sync_shutdown_file: /srv/cyrus-be/sync/shutdown

sievedir: /srv/cyrus-be/sieve
sieve_extensions: fileinto reject vacation imapflags notify include
envelope body relational regex subaddress copy
sieve_maxscriptsize: 150

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: plain login

allowanonymouslogin: no
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 45
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
altnamespace: 1
#flushseenstate: 1
unixhierarchysep: 1
hashimapspool: 1
fulldirhash: 1
duplicatesuppression: 0
expunge_mode: delayed
delete_mode: delayed
deletedprefix: DELETED
anysievefolder: 1
quota_db: quotalegacy
subscriptions_db: flat
xlist-sent: Mail.sent
xlist-trash: Mail.trash
xlist-drafts: Mail.drafts
xlist-junk: Mail.v-spam
xlist-spam: Mail.v-spam
specialusealways: 1
syslog_prefix: be

tls_server_cert: XXX
tls_server_key: XXX
tls_client_ca_file: XXX
tls_ciphers: XXX
tls_prefer_server_ciphers: 1

auditlog: 1
reverseacls: 1
search_engine: squat
delete_unsubscribe: 1
statuscache: 1

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen