master-master replication

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Wed Sep 12 07:56:18 EDT 2018

Yes! This is on our roadmap, and I really hope to land it before we release 3.2.

The subscriptions are a particularly tricky part of it, because there's currently no change information in the subscriptions database, but I'll make sure that gets added so we can tell if it's a subscription add or subscription remove!

I'm really looking forward to proper master/master safety too :)

Cheers,

Bron.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, at 20:10, Evgeniy Kononov via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have two servers with cyrus-imapd cyrus-imapd-2.5.8-13.3.el7.centos.kolab_16.x86_64
> One server as master and second as replica.
> All worked fine when users login on master server, but when I temporary move users on replica I found some trouble
> Messages synchronisation from replica to master goes fine if sync_client sees a mismatch on the master, but if user create folder on replica it isn't sync on master.
> Instead of it folder is unsubscribes from the master server and removed from both server
>
> grep UNSUB maillog

> Sep 10 13:31:41 master sync_client[1456]: UNSUB user at example.com example.com!user.user.foldername
>
> Why is it happend ?
> When I tried manual sync from replica to master server, folder was subscribed.

> Is it possible that both servers will be master and replica in same time.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Evgeniy Kononov
> ----