[SOLVED] Re: ipurge difficulties

John Capo jc at irbs.com
Wed Nov 21 18:16:00 EST 2018

On Wed, November 21, 2018 10:20, James B. Byrne via Info-cyrus wrote:

> We had previously used the '.' as the separator.  Our current settings
> are:
>

> /usr/local/etc/imapd.conf:unixhierarchysep:           true
> /usr/local/etc/imapd.conf:altnamespace:               true

Change altnamespace/no to false or Options -> Folder Preferences and choose the Trash, Drafts, and Sent folders again.

Changing the IMAP name space mid-stream confuses some/many IMAP clients.  Mail on Apple thinghies will not recover without deleting the account on the device and creating it again.

Don't ask how I know this. :(

John Capo