ipurge difficulties

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Nov 20 09:29:34 EST 2018

Having recently switched our mail service over to IMAPv3 I have a
nagging doubt that the ipurge commands in our cyrus.conf file are not
working as I anticipate. For example, my Trash folder does not seem to
have been emptied since the conversion:

find '/var/spool/imap/x/user/x/INBOX^Trash' -mtime +36d | wc -l
   11367

# sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/ipurge -v -f -d 35
'user/*/INBOX^Trash'
# echo $?
0
# sudo -u cyrus /usr/local/cyrus/sbin/ipurge -v -f -d 35
'user/x/INBOX^Trash'
# echo $?
0

What is happening here?