Simple replication question

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Thu Nov 15 08:52:12 EST 2018

On 11/15/18 2:16 AM, Zorg wrote:
> I ve one cyrus imap server I want to create a replicated one
>
> I have read the documentation but nothing  explain how two start the
> first replication
>
> If my slave master is empty how can i synchronise them the first time

Once you've got replication configured, simply follow the instructions
in the Standard Operating Procedures for "Manual Replication" here:
https://cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sop/replication.html?highlight=replication#manual-replication

To be clear, the "sync_client" command is run on the replica master,
The "sync_server" on the replica will be automatically started up by the
'cyr_master' process (may be called 'cyrmaster' or simply 'master',
depending on version and distro).  The arguments and options in the
sample command will sync a given user, but you may use any of the
various options to sync the entire mail store, or parts of it.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight Inc.                              www.onlight.com
6525 W Bluemound Rd., Ste 24	          v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53213-4073	  f. 414.290.0335