Phantom Folders

J Pilfold-Bagwell jpilfold-bagwell at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Wed Nov 14 06:31:20 EST 2018

Hi All,

I have a cyrus server that appears to have phantom folders that appear
in everyone's  IMAP folder subscription preferences on Roundcube, but
can't be accessed.

We searched the /var/spool/imap partition and found several folders that
are not meant to be there, for example,  there's a
/var/spool/imap/f/user/ folder, that contains the mailboxes of every
user starting with "f",  but there's also a /var/spool/imap/f/users
folder that contains one of the phantom mailboxes.  In another phantom
folder, there's a phantom mailbox that appears as user,<username>.

My question is, how do I delete these without upsetting cyrus. I've
tried using various permutations of dm but with no joy.  Is it worth
deleting them manually and reindexing the whole imap store?

Thanks in advance,

Julian PB