Missing Email & Folders

Robert Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Tue Nov 6 15:06:33 EST 2018

Hello All,

Have a few weird situations that I have been unable to find solutions to.

Server:

CentOS release 6.x

cyrus-imapd-2.4.17-6.el5.src.rpm (Simon Matter)

Client:

Outlook 2013

Our client is using Cyrus to store related emails for their clients. The
server does not actually receive mail, it is placed (copied) there.
Approximately eight clients connect to "one" Cyrus account. When an email
comes in for client X the user will find the appropriate imap folder and
copy it to it. If the folder does exist it is created.

Issue One:

Randomly the server side imap folder is empty. Client imap folder has what
was supposed to be on the server but it is not. The copy of the email
appears to have been successful.

Issue Two:

Randomly computers will not see newly created imap folders from other users.
Regardless of how we attempt to get the folder in the imap list we have to
recreate the account.

My assumption is that this is most likely due to imap support in Outlook and
not Cyrus. Wanting to know if anyone has seen anything like this and if a
solution was found.

Thanks in advance.

-Bob

PS Have been on this mailing list for almost 20 years (since v1.6 I
believe). Can say it is one of the best mailing lists I have been on. Never
ceases to amaze me the quality of feedback and support provided.