Xapian/Cyrus/Thunderbird

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri May 18 16:39:18 EDT 2018

Le 11/05/2018 à 13:32:29+0200, Robert Stepanek a écrit

> On Fri, May 11, 2018, at 13:04, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> > For my understanding: does that mean the Xapian index is only used
> > for clients that support RFC 6203? If that is the case, how are
> > "traditional" IMAP searches handled?
>
> For non-FUZZY text SEARCH, Cyrus attempts to match the string on its
> own [1]. Off the top of my head, I don't think Cyrus falls back to the
> search-engine index for large corpus text matches. Using FUZZY always
> is the better choice, but if there's a real-world issue, please let me
> know. It might be possible to switch to Xapian also for non-FUZZY
> search.

So I think that would be a very very great idea to make every search
through xapian. Because currently I'm testing cyrus-imapd-3.0.6 and
activated the xapian index.

After turn on telemetry it's seem Thunderbird just do a « classic » search.

So that's mean when I do search from Thunderbird it's very slow, and I
build the xapian index for almost nothing because almost 90% of my users
use Thunderbird as MUA.

Do you want I create a issue on github ?

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15