sync_client crash with sieve

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Thu May 17 19:54:14 EDT 2018

It sounds like the sieve file might be incorrect in some way?  Either it
doesn't parse with the current version of sievec, or it's got the wrong
permissions, or even the wrong naming.  On our servers we have:
websieve.script
websievebc
defaultbc -> websievebc

As managed by having timsieved save a script called "webscript".

If you have sieve scripts which aren't correctly laid out to how Cyrus
expects, that could maybe cause sync to abort because it doesn't know
how to replicate that layout.
Bron.

On Fri, May 18, 2018, at 01:57, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got some issue with sync_client (first run, before rolling sync).>
> When I launch
>
>   sync_client -A
>
> the synchronization start and after some time crash. I activate
> the verbose> mode, and It seem sync_client crash over some sieve file.
>
> So I not sure, but I pretty sure, everytime I got a sieve file for
> the user> (in /var/imap/sieve) the sync crash.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Regards
> --
> Albert SHIH