How to use backup/replica

Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet) nd at syndicat.com
Thu May 17 01:39:21 EDT 2018

Am 16. Mai 2018 22:08:53 MESZ schrieb Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr>:
>When it's working, I would like to know ... how to use the backup.
>
>The question maybe sound totaly stupid, but well, with dovecot I know
>how
>to use the backup. But with cyrus imap ... I don't know.
>
>Three cases :
>
>1/ What should I do if someone loose a mail and warn me long after
>delayed
>delete time. But If I got the file on the backup (cheat disk so can
>keep
>  the much longer deleted mail).
>
> 2/ What should I do if I got a corruption a database, how should I fix
>  that with the backup.
>
>  3/ What should I do if my server loose everything.

Hi Albert,

if not yet done, i would recommend to read this (depending from if you use 2.x or 3.x be aware of the new backup features in 3.x) to get a first overview:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/restore.html

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/overview_and_concepts.html#mail-directory-recovery

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/overview_and_concepts.html#mail-directory-recovery

hth a bit.