How to use backup/replica

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed May 16 16:08:53 EDT 2018

Hi everyone.

Currently I'm trying to use replication to do the backup.

When it's working, I would like to know ... how to use the backup.

The question maybe sound totaly stupid, but well, with dovecot I know how
to use the backup. But with cyrus imap ... I don't know.

Three cases :

  1/ What should I do if someone loose a mail and warn me long after delayed
  delete time. But If I got the file on the backup (cheat disk so can keep
  the much longer deleted mail).

  2/ What should I do if I got a corruption a database, how should I fix
  that with the backup.

  3/ What should I do if my server loose everything.

Regards

--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15