setting acl on autocreate folders

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Fri May 11 02:18:05 EDT 2018

Ellie,

Thanks for checking. My doubt came from another documentation
(https://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.9/faq.php):

    plus addressing - Plus addressing allows direct delivery to a
    particular mailbox (other than an INBOX). This is done in two ways.

    The first way allows delivery to a subfolder of a specific user's
    INBOX. This is done via an address of the form:
    username+mailfolder at domain, which will deliver to the user's
    INBOX.mailfolder folder (or altnamespace equivalent). *This
    submailbox must allow the posting user the 'p' right (generally,
    this means 'anyone' must have the 'p' right), otherwise the message
    will just be filed into the user's INBOX.*

So what I'm observing in practice is that the "-a" option is not enough
to deliver plus+addressed mails without the "anyone p" ACL permission in
the folder, which makes me think that the user for "-a" option is not
from the admins group, though it probably should be, right? I.e. lmtpd
-a should be delivering plus+addressed mails without the "anyone p" ACL
permission?