setting acl on autocreate folders

Anatoli me at anatoli.ws
Fri May 11 01:20:03 EDT 2018

Hi Ellie,

Chen's question made me recheck the docs and now I have a doubt. Could
you please clarify under what user the LMTP-delivered mails enters Cyrus
when "-a" option is used over TCP with lmtpd (i.e. lmtp cmd="lmtpd -a"
listen="127.0.0.1:2004")?

The documentation
(https://cyrusimap.org/imap/concepts/overview_and_concepts.html#local-mail-transfer-protocol-lmtp)
says:

    For final delivery via /LMTP over a TCP socket, it is necessary to
    use LMTP AUTH/. This is accomplished using SASL to authenticate the
    delivering user. If your mail server is performing delivery via LMTP
    AUTH (that is, using a SASL mechanism), you will want their
    authentication id to be an LMTP admins (either via the admins
    imapd.conf option or via the <service>_admins option, typically
    lmtp_admins).

    Alternatively you may deliver via /LMTP to a unix domain socket/,
    and /the connection will be preauthenticated as an administrative
    user/ (and access control is accomplished by controlling access to
    the socket).

But it doesn't say anything about the "-a: /Preauthorize connections
initiated on an internet socket/, instead of requiring LMTP AUTH."
(https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/lmtpd.html#cmdoption-lmtpd-a).

Thanks,
Anatoli