Moving mailboxes from CIMAP-2.3.16 to CIMAP-3.0.5

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon May 7 16:26:19 EDT 2018

We are in the process of migrating our mail store from CentOS-6.9
running Cyrus-IMAPD-2.3.16 to FreeBSD-11.1 running Cyrus-IMAPD-3.0.5.

I am observing several behaviours that strike me a odd and which
likely indicate that something is wrong with my procedure.

I have tried moving things over using imapsync-1.836 and while this
appears to work we end up with vastly enlarged user mailbox sizes.
Also I cannot see the quota setting for most users although a few are
reported.

I then restarted the process and used rsync natively with --hard-links
in order to see if that reduced the disc space. Following the rsync of
all the user mailboxes I re-initialised

I have run 'reconstruct -fr user' and rebuilt mailboxes.db.  This is
what I get from running 'quota -f user' thereafter:

[root at inet17 /var/spool/imap]#  sudo -u cyrus
/usr/local/cyrus/sbin/quota -f user
   Quota   % Used     Used             Resource Root
[root at inet17 /var/spool/imap]#

At a guess this means that all of the user mailbox quota settings are
gone.  However,  I would expect the usage to be shown. And is there
not a default quota?

Canada  L8E 3C3