Impact of changing back "altnamespace"

Tom Plancon tplancon at bkaarchs.com
Fri Mar 2 13:15:51 EST 2018

Hello,

A week or so back I posted here about issues I was having with
cyrus-imapd 2.3 after changing the "altnamespace" variable in imapd.conf
to "yes" in order to set up shared mailboxes. It threw a monkey wrench
into my server and caused a lot of problems for a couple of days Things
have settled down but still some residual problems for users in their
email clients, e.g. Inbox contents disappears or does not show recent
mail. Also deleting hangs for a long time.

I'm considering changing "altnamespace" back to "no" hoping it will
clear up those issues.

Any thoughts as to what I can expect if I do this? All input is appreciated!

Thanks!

--
myEMAILsignature Thomas Plancon
CAD/IT MANAGER