Restart from....? (DRP)

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Mon Jun 18 04:22:03 EDT 2018

Am Montag, 18. Juni 2018, 09:46:02 CEST schrieb Albert Shih:
> What do you think ? What's your DRP ?
I shoot snapshots from the underlying FS of the spool partition(s) and the
main DB files (skiplist) - incl. (incremental) filesystem dumps of them.

in a desaster scenario it usually works well to reinstantiate the last
snapshot and start the server(s) with a forced full reconstruct run. But this
only offers "low resolution" recovery (mails / mods since last snapshot are
gone then).

Beside this we run daily FS backups (incl. cyrus DB dumps) which allows us to
reinstall from zero (i.e. autmated by ansible or similiar) on system and FS
level.

I'm a bit new to the new included backup mechs and repo features in cyrus 3
and interested in experiences with setups, allowing a efficient "lossless"
recovery too.

best regards,

niels.

 Niels Dettenbach